Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Oregon Trip!

This was the first time that I have left ALL of my children. I had so much fun! All you moms out there, you should go on a vacation! My days were filled to capacity with things to do, and not once did I have to worry about kids. I am very happy to be home (I love my life) but I also enjoyed being away. My first day in Oregon I spent with one of my best friends, Brianna (pictured above). We met our first day of high school and were instantly bonded. Even though we live on opposite coasts, we still talk on the phone weekly and are a major part of one another's lives. I hadn't actually seen Brianna in 4 years and had never met her kids so it was awesome to spend the day with her. I love you, Bree!
The next few days were filled with family, family, and more family! I got to meet the newest addition to the family, little baby Awen. She is so sweet and loves to be held while she naps! Katie (my older sister) looks so relaxed holding her sleeping baby.


On Friday we surprised my mother by painting her kitchen! This is a before picture. An after picture will have to come later because we are still waiting for some items to arrive in the mail (ebay...that's a whole different story!). The walls were painted a medium sage green. My brother and his girlfriend did almost all of the painting and they did an awesome job. I know, I know-how can I talk about this kitchen without more pictures? You are just going to have to wait like me.

That night we went out for "girls night." Here we are out to dinner. Later that night I received a facial from my brother's girlfriend, Wendy (picture below with my mother). It was heavenly! Pictured above are my younger sister in the green, my nephew Sage, my older sister Katie, and her baby Awen (Sage also belongs to Katie).



Wendy and my mom.





Saturday I went up to Portland to see my friend, Katie Blair, get married in the Temple. We were roommates at BYU. She was beautiful, the ceremony was beautiful (it was in Spanish!), and it felt great to be in the Portland temple again (that is where I was married!). Here we are at her reception. I am in my mother's day dress.



Saturday night (after the wedding reception) I went out with my younger sister, Mary, to go see my dad and brother play a gig. They are in a band called TASTE. My brother plays the bass guitar and my dad plays the drums. It was a new experience for me! This picture looks funny because my mom took it while sitting on the couch. I look like I am the same height as my sister, when in reality she is 3 inches taller than me!


If I lived in Oregon, I would be great friends with Shawna! She married my cousin, Jeromy, and they are expecting their third baby any week now! Thanks for letting me come and hang out!




Not a great picture, but the only one I have of my brother and I. We are less than 2 years apart in age. It was awesome to spend some time with him. Words can't describe it...
Well, that's all! I guess I should mention that I traveled back with my sister, Katie, and her two children. They were moving to Pennsylvania so I offered to fly with her and help out. The kids did great, but neither of us are wanting to get on a plane anytime soon! Flying coast to coast takes forever! My kids were excited to see me and I have been getting lots of loves:)







3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures!! I'm so glad you had a great time! I wanted to see the finished kitchen, I guess I'll have to wait! Talk to you soon!

mbruceheath said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly said...

I'm glad I get to see pictures of all the peops in your family that I have heard about, but not met. I'm glad you got to go!!