Mother's Day. Bram and I had decided that we would not exchange gifts this year for Mother's/Father's Day and instead scheme with the kids in making the day special. Well, I though we had decided that! The Saturday morning before Mother's day Bram took off with ALL THREE KIDS to go to the mall. I was left to play in the garden alone. I knew something was up- how many dads willingly take three little kids to the mall? When they returned home, Jacob came in smiling and said "Mom, we got you a present" and then out of nowhere Bram had his hand over Jacob's mouth! So now I knew I had a gift coming, and that if I really wanted to I could get it out of Jacob (this was Jacob's first time to be in on a surprise for mom). That evening all the kids gathered on the couch giggling and called me into the living room. There I was presented with shopping bag (kids and dads don't wrap gifts!). Inside was a dress! This was not just any dress. I had pointed this dress out to Bram several times as it sat in the store front window. I was amazed that A. Bram bought me a dress (from Ann Taylor!) and B. He had really noticed that I was saying something I liked! So I held up the dress and noticed the tag- it said 0p. ZERO PETITE! "Bram," I asked, "did you check the size on the dress?" "Yes, but I didn't know what 0P meant and it looked your size...)
So out the door I went to the mall. Sadly, Ann Taylor didn't have the dress in my size so I searched the mall for the perfect dress and came home with six dresses! Bram was a bit worried when he saw the shopping bags:) I brought them home so he could help me decide which one was the best. I ended up with TWO dresses and they are both beautiful. When I wear either one Jacob always says "Mom, I like your fancy dress!" My husband and children love me!
You want a picture of the dresses? I don't have one but I will soon!
7 comments:
I've only been married for 10 months and I've already learned not to pick out clothes for Hilary...Bram's a little behind the learning curve.
what's up with writing a post like that with no pictures?? I need to see the dresses now!
That's so cute!!! Jon and I have gotten to the point where he has become more opinionated about what I wear than I am. He knows what size I wear in all my favorite brands, my measurements, and even the colors that look better on my skin tone! So, naturally, he shops for me. Should I be worried? He's straight, really!
Back when we had only two children I bought my wife three outfits from a ladies store in the mall and gave to her for Christmas. Like Adam I learned early on about buying clothes for my wife. P.S. She returned them all, but thanked me for the effort.
Cute, cute and more cute. I haven't spoken to you in such a long time!! We bought a house here and as soon as it is beautified and my life a bit less hectic, we have to get together :)
I'd love to see the dresses. But that is a great story! Jason can actually pick out my clothes, but he would never buy me a thing without me trying it on first.
Yes, please. I want pictures of you IN the dresses, not just OF the dresses. And what a compliment to have Bram think that you´re a size 0. In my dreams.
Post a Comment