The boys are watching a movie, Courtney is wandering around the house looking for me, lunch has not been cleaned up (the dining room is a disaster!), the dishes are not done, the laundry is not folded, I have not showered today, but I am being diligent and writing a post:)
I had a birthday last Friday! It was a great day and I was remembered by many friends and family. Nothing BIG happened, but the accumulation of a lot of little things kept me happy all day. I was even blessed with sunshine and blue skies, an event that I would love to be repeated! I am now 26, which I am happy about. You probably wouldn't understand unless you have had three kids while being 24, but I feel officially old enough. People will still have their eyes bug out of their head when I tell them that yes, I do have three children, but maybe they will stop thinking that I was pregnant as a teen! Next year will be good too, 27 with three kids. I'll start all over again when I have my fourth- "You have FOUR children?!?!?" I should just remind people that I will be done having children by the time I am 32 and will therefore look fabulous in my thirties:)
Have you ever wanted to go hiking through the jungle? If so, then come on over! This past weekend Luke and I went out back and tackled the overgrown plants that have taken over a portion of the yard. Holy Cow! I have never cut down so many plants, and I have not even put a dent in the amount of work that needs to be done. Once upon a time this house was owned by a woman that liked to plant things- lots of different things. The next owners worked a lot on removing some of what she did. Now, after sitting vacant all fall, it is up to me to make sense of everything growing (or not growing) back there. I am finding strawberries planted in every flower and garden bed. The "herb garden" is just out of control oregano and some very woody thyme. (Does anyone need oregano?) Luckily Luke was a big help in cutting things down. He manned the pruning shears (they were half his size) and I just tore things out with my gloved hands. We were a great team and he loved helping! I should have taken a "before" picture so I can brag when there is an "after" picture some day. Until then, you are free to come over and work on my yard if you need to get out some aggression. The plants don't mind!
Jacob learned to cross his eyes. Bram laughed so hard yesterday that he was crying. I'll post a picture later.
My choir performed yesterday! They sang Sally DeFord's arrangement of Beautiful Savior. They choir sounded great- I love my calling!
I think that's enough rambling. Next time I'll try to have some pictures.
5 comments:
Anna, I think it’s absolutely great that you have been able to have your children at a young age! AND, I think it’s great that you’ll probably be done by the time your 32. I can totally understand how the comments and gasps of those around you could be bothersome. I’m on the opposite end of the spectrum and doing things much differently than the “majority” would. Anyway, the choir performance was beautiful. My girls thought they were performing just for them and even clapped afterwards. Oh --- Happy Belated Birthday!
Happy Belated birthday. I was going to be so on top of things this year that I even wrote your birthday on my calendar so that I'd remember to call you or email you or something, but then I went out of town ... brilliant. So, I'm still out of town, but you kindly reminded me that I missed yet another year of on-time birthday wishes.
Hey, I didn't know you were the choir director. Me, too.
We had a jungle in our backyard last year, too. The problem was that nothing had really ever been planted it so it was just nasty, poky weeds. I can't believe how much better it looks this spring after a year of hard work.
OH my gosh I forgot your birthday! I am the worst friend. I am so sorry. I hope it was wonderful and that you know that I just love you! I totally relate to the How many kids and how old are you question! I actually look forward to getting older too so people won't be so freaked out. The gardening sounds like fun! I would have just sat there and eaten all the strawberries. I can't wait to see the cross-eyed pictures. Sorry again about your birthday, April is the craziest birthday month, I swear I have to keep track of about 20 april birthdays! Anyway, happy 26
I could have been done with 4 kids at age 27. But we all know how that turned out.
Post a Comment