Monday, September 29, 2008

What's going on, Dude?

We have had a fun week, here in our Happy Home. Okay, not everyday is happy, but most days are:) Having Luke in pre-school is AWESOME!!! I found a short cut on our walk so I am not getting as much exercise as I thought I would. It does allow me to be running late as we can now make it in 7 minutes! I just wanted to share some fun pictures of what we have been doing after school.


Courtney had her first taste of a popsicle and loved it. Luke is such a good brother to her and didn't mind sharing. After he took the popsicle away she tried to chase it with her mouth open. Don't you like how Luke's tongue is hanging out too?


The timing on this picture is priceless! Bram was teaching Luke how to do flips by walking up his legs and then being flipped over. Luke caught on quick and I grabbed the camera. Daddies are much more fun than mommies.


BATH TIME! Every family needs a "kids in the tub" picture! Courtney LOVES taking a bath with her brothers. She makes little splashes and giggles. She never gets to stay long in the bath before the boys turn the bathroom into Waterworld. Why do people put CARPET in bathrooms??? I can't wait to have waterproof flooring again.


We looked out our window this week and noticed that the leaves have started to change colors. We decided that we would like to have a tree inside our house as well. The kids and I colored the paper, tore it to make leaves, and then taped it to the wall. While we worked we learned the Primary song "Autumn Time." When Daddy came home they made him close his eyes as they led him into the kitchen. They then showed him their tree and sang their song. It's days like this that make me grateful to be a mother. I love it when the boys are receptive to my teachings and are excited about our project. I hope you like our tree and make one with your kids!

I also wanted to share what we did for FHE tonight because it went very well and the boys were great participators! We learned about Samuel the Lamanite. For the song we learned the verse from Book of Mormon Stories about Samuel the Lamanite (we had actions and everything! I felt like the Primary song leader). Our scripture was from Helaman. We then took turns being Samuel as we acted out the story. Bram helped each of the boys say the right thing as the rest of us were the wicked people in the city. It was SO CUTE to see Jacob standing on the coffee table (the city wall), with his hands in the air, proclaiming to the people that they needed to repent! I did a great job making horrible airplanes that didn't fly well so "Samuel" wouldn't get hit. The kids learned the story well because we repeated it 4 times as we each took a turn being Samuel. We then talked about repentance and sang our song again. I love my family!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love your tree! I am totally going to do that. Your kids are really cute!!!!

Judd Family said...

That tree is a great idea! I guess I would have to do it this fall because I am not sure if leaves change colors in Arizona!

Erin The Great said...

I got tagged! I'm tagging you now! hahaha look on my site for info. love ya!