Tuesday, September 9, 2008

10 things I love

1. I love short hair!! I challenged myself to grow out my hair for two years and it is driving me nuts. When my challenge ends this December, I am bringing in this picture and hoping for good results. Of course I would also like to have millions of dollars to spend on a professional hair and make up artist, personal trainer, and all sorts of spa privileges, but I will have to settle for $30 hair cut.

2. I love dancing. If you have known me for any amount of time, this news will not surprise you. Age has not changed my love for dancing, or my moves! I was laughing at myself the other day as I was breaking it down with my kids because I dance the same way as I did 10 years ago. It is so crazy to think that I am old enough to say "When I went to youth dances 10 years ago..." Where has the time gone?? To celebrate getting older, I think I will have a dance party for my next birthday. You are all invited to come!

3. I love red kitchens. Someday I will own a house and paint my kitchen red. Until then, I just dream.

4. I love sleeping children. The day is done. I can finally have a conversation with Bram (that is not really possible when the kids are awake). I can clean a room and have it stay clean for more than 5 minutes. I can read without feeling neglectful. No one is yelling at me to get them more of this or more of that. Kids look so peaceful and angelic when they are sleeping.

5. I love Stephenie Meyer! She is a great story teller and I have loved reading and re-reading her books. There have been many days in the past 3 months when my Bella and Edward stories have kept me going. I hope she continues to write (and someday finishes Midnight Sun...sigh...). As a side note- has anyone read a great book lately??

6. I love music. I love singing, dancing, playing my trombone, listening, and teaching music. My life is so much better with music in it.

7. I love ice cream. I have been on a dairy ban for most of the past 3 years and am starting to introduce it to my diet again. It tastes just as good as I remember! Creamy, chocolaty ice cream is a fantastic way to end your day. Now if it weren't so high in fat...

8. I love jeans. They are a mother's work uniform. Jeans are durable and fashionable at the same time. By the end of the day yesterday I had brownie, squash, oatmeal, and mud on my jeans. Such is the life with 3 little kids.

9. I love finding new recipes. Our meal times tend to be repetitive, so I am always grateful when new GOOD recipe comes my way. Bram is thankful too:) So if you have a meal time favorite, please share it with me!

10. I love Bram! He is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. He treats me like a princess and is so supportive of my role as mother and wife. We have been married 5 years and it just gets better and better.

9 comments:

Tara said...

Amen, especially on the red kitchens (my old condo had a red kitchen and white cabinets), short hair, and sleeping children!

Holly said...

Thanks for the time in your life. Fun to see you guys again, even if it's just pictures. Come on back here and buy a house by me. :)

Erin The Great said...

You may not have a professional hairdresser but never underestimate the power of styling goo and a flat iron... as for the dance moves, I don't know if I could call you family if you couldn't (in the words of run DMC) bust a move :)

Dianna said...

Glad to see you back, Anna! This is my favorite dinner recipe. I make up the sausage and veggie part, then I freeze half of it. It still makes tons when you only make half, and then another day you have a ready-made dinner. Oh, and it's really yummy, too.

JenH said...

Good top 10! I'm excited to read your blog and to hear about all of your adventures!!! Your kids look absolutly adorable and I LOVE Courtneys dress! ~Jen

Bethany said...

Book: Besides Breaking Dawn, the last book I read was Candle in the Darkness by Lynn Austin. Recommended to me by somebody else. Good stuff, so I thought I'd pass it on.

Recipe: Are you looking for a meal or just snack food? A recent hit in our household is hummus. If you're interested, I'll email you the recipe.

Glad to have you back in the blogging world. :)

Amy said...

I love your loves list! Especially the first two because that is the Anna That I know! Doing hair and DANCING!!!!! And I do have to agree that sleeping children is one of the best things ever!!!

Egglestonfamily said...

Anna, we miss you guys! Did you get all the skinny on Midnight Sun...that was a great 264 pages, but I need more!

Rachelle

Anonymous said...

I can totally see that haircut on you! My fav dinner recipe is veggie spiral pasta, olives, feta cheese, ripped up whole chicken you buy at safeway already cooked, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper and olive oil and a little vinegar. Just mix all together and serve preferably cold, yummo! And oh how I miss youth dances!