Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Catch Up

There are a lot of things to catch up on. Here is some of the craziness that is happening around out house.


We found a snail in our backyard one morning as we were playing with bubbles. I thought it would be a good idea to teach the kids about this little creature so we made a little home for him and brought the snail in for some studying. The kids were so excited to watch him. They even insisted that we read books to him. After a while the little guy decided that he had had enough of this little home we built and tried to slither out. I then told the boys that the snail needed to take a nap in the backyard and we let him lose. This activity turned a normal boring morning into one of excitement! Now go look for snails and slugs in your backyards!


I have the chips, candy, and all other yummy treats put high in this cupboard. I walked into the kitchen a few weeks ago to find Jacob like this. He had pushed Courtney's chair up to the counter, climbed on, and then fished around until he found what he was looking for. I didn't have the heart to discipline him, as I thought it was so funny! The coolest part was that Jacob was sure to close the cupboards when he was done and then climb down. Now I have run out of places to hide the goodies.

This is the kids during FHE 2 weeks ago. Luke and Jacob look kind of bored (what's with both of their hands in their mouths?) while Courtney looks elated to be with the big boys.

Luke NEVER naps. He gave up naps before he was two (it was a very sad day). On this particular day, we had played at the beach, visited an arcade, and explored a castle. He fell asleep on the ride home and looked so peaceful when Bram placed him on the couch. I just had to capture the moment so I can look back when he isn't being so peaceful!


Posters Note: We live in temporary housing right now and it came furnished. Therefore, I did not pick out the hideous orange-red couch.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my what cute kids. Jacob looks bigger than when you left! (And Courtney, obviously). I'm glad your hiatus is over so we can all see what you guys are up to. :)

JN said...

I think letting a bug come live with you is genius! Tell me I need to be more flexible like that. Way cute kids as always.

Rachel said...

Jacob is such a funny kid! That is totally something Carter would do. I love the snail picture! Rylynn was obsessed with snails last summer. I think you should take the couch home with you:) It is sooooo cute! BTW, Courtney is adorable, I love that picture of her grinning ear to ear with her brothers!