Friday, April 11, 2008

Guns???

I have been informed that some people check my blog daily. Therefore, I must post more often:) As I still haven't connected the camera to the computer (I'll do it tomorrow) I will leave you with a Luke conversation that took place this week. As usual, it was during lunch and Luke was gazing out the back patio door.

Luke- Mom, if the bad guys get into our house, I will run upstairs and go tell daddy.
Me- That is right Luke, you go find Mommy or Daddy. Just make sure you never leave the back door open.
Luke- If the bad guys get into our house we need to get our gun and kill the bad guys.
Me- (my jaw drops open) Luke, we don't have a gun.
Luke- Well, if the bad guys come then we can go to the store and buy a gun. THEN we can kill the bad guys.
Me- I don't like guns.
Luke- I DO!
Me- Luke, where did you learn about guns?
Luke- From the T.V.
Me- (the T.V.??) On what show did you learn about guns? (He always watches Diego...)
Luke- On the movie about Elephants. The good guys shooted the bad guys and bad guys got killed. Bad guys live on boats and they have guns too.
End of conversation.

Explanation: A few weeks ago we watched "Operation Dumbo Drop" as a family. If you haven't seen it, it is about some American military men having to transport an elephant in the middle of a war on enemy grounds. A very funny movie. Luke loves elephants so you can see why this movie was viewed. Obviously he enjoyed much more than the elephant. The scene which he decided to log into his brain has the "bad guys" chasing the "good guys" in boats. They are trying to his the "good guys" with a small canon, but always miss and hit the water. Now you can understand our conversation a little more.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What is it with kids and their passionate desire to hurt or shoot bad guys? Rylynn says stuff like that all the time, and I don't know where she gets it from. They are such goofballs!