This post is a week late, but better late then never! Bram's birthday this past week and we had a grand day. It was fun to have our own family party and see the boy's reactions to things. They are now old enough to understand birthdays and all that goes along with it. Luke helped me plan parts of Bram's birthday and was quite concerned that we have presents for daddy.
The day, for me, started at 3am as I decorated the house with streamers and balloons. The decorating was mostly for the little boys, but I know Bram liked it too. The colors were blue and red (Cubs of course!) and Bram noticed that right away. Luke and Jacob were up before Bram, and when they came down the stairs for breakfast they were so surprised. "Look Mom, it's a birthday party!" Luke said. When Bram decided to grace us with his presence, Luke and Jacob attacked him with balloons.
We broke all the rules and had cake BEFORE dinner! Since it was Conference weekend we had the cake after lunch. I made "strawberry shortcake" which is one of Bram's favorites. I put strawberry shortcake in quotations because it was just cut up angel food cake with strawberries and whip cream. Does anybody have this dessert with actual shortcake?
We had to relight the candles several time because Jacob would blow them out as we lit them. Kids are funny. Everyone was in one the blowing action. I hope they all got their wishes! Jacob and Luke are so cute with their cheeks puffed out!
6 comments:
Isn't angel food cake better than shortcake anyway?! :-)
Very cool pictures! I am not good about taking pictures of adults on birthdays, but I have more than enough on the kids birthdays! Looks like it was a fun day!
You are a trooper! 3:00 AM for balloons and streamers!! Wow. You inspire me to not be such a slacker.
You are pregnant, Bethany! I would have NEVER done that if I was preggers. Courtney helped me by waking up to eat at 2:45, so I was already up...
Birthdays, holidays and just about any events are so much more exciting with kids around. They totally appreciate stuff like decorations for a birthday. Ethan just had his 1st birthday and I decorated while he was napping. You could tell that he noticed the banners and streamers the second we walked into the dining room.
Anyway. Strawberry shortcake is good either way. Real shortcake by itself is ok, but when you add the strawberries, it soaks up all the juice and is very yummy!
Looks like you guys had a great day!
Jenn (Toftdahl)
PS: I found you on Sara's page.
Happy birthday Bram, we love you!!! What a fun birthday party. That cake looks mighty tasty! I love the cubs decor!
Post a Comment