Thursday, March 10, 2011

I did it!

4 months ago I started painting the family room. Then I had a baby. Enough said. So on Monday I told Bram that I was going to finish this room even if I stayed up all night to do it. He lovingly and at times grudgingly (I am magic at getting Todd to sleep. Bram is NOT!) took care of Todd while I painted away. The above picture shows the "beige yellow" color, also known as "believable buff." I felt as thought I was erasing the beige with my beautiful blue.
Here we are all finished at 11:30pm. I still got to sleep! (Don't you love my pillar and wainscoting? I sure do!)
And here is what I did with that corner. I absolutely love it! My friend made me that FHE board and I picked up the music pictures (shown below) at Ross. Oh, and the lamp came from Wal-mart. Classy, I know:)

Maybe I will play the piano more. Maybe not. Right now it is not a priority, but this corner inspires me:)

In case you are wondering what the entire room looks like, you will have to wait a few more days. I have curtains but am lacking the hardware to put them up. If things go well tonight I will head on out and pick up what I need.

5 comments:

Adam and Hilary said...

great work on the corner! Adam told me the exciting news, that you are coming for the reunion. I am excited to see you and meet little Todd!

Amy said...

I love the blue! I can't wait to live somewhere where I can paint walls!!!!

Heather said...

Beautiful! I love all your pics of the house...I need you to help me decorate!! Miss you!

Sara W. said...

You are excellent at decorating, I DO love the pillar! I love big fat white molding, looks great!!!

Me and My Brain said...

Anna that looks great... I love blue with black and red. I love it... I want your house