Monday, February 21, 2011

30 Days

Today Todd is 4 months old. He is an amazingly good baby- sleeping through the night most nights, happy and smiley during the day, he takes a bottle like a champ and takes frequent naps. ( He has a check up today and I suspect that he is a chunker! He weighed 12 pounds at 2 months...)

With all of this baby goodness happening, I have decided that it is time to lose a few pounds. I am 20 pounds off my "Anna Weight" and swimsuit season is fast approaching! I have never in my life really TRIED to lose weight before so this is new to me. I know the principles to doing so but have never applied them. I am not going hard core, but this is my plan.

For the next 30 days (including today) I am going to work out in the morning and evening. Sound extreme? Not really. I will get on the Elliptical for 30 minutes in the morning (and enjoy some fabulous TV programming) and then do a Jillian Michaels video with Bram in the evening (that takes 25 minutes). She combines cardio with strength and it kicks my butt! As far as eating goes, I am just going to watch what I eat. I'll have something healthy and low carb in the morning (smoothie), a sandwich loaded with veggies in the afternoon, and then eat one portion of dinner. I'll stop snacking on bagels, toast, cereal, and dessert. Instead I'll grab a plum or grapes when I am hungry. I am hoping that the exercising will jump start my FABULOUS metabolism and I can get away with a modified eating plan. Oh, I will also weigh myself this morning and then have Bram hide the scale and weigh in again after the 30 days. I am posting this on my blog so that I will have accountability to someone. I'll check in periodically and honestly admit how well I am doing.

There is another segment to this 30 day program. I have found myself complaining a lot about my life, my house, my kids, etc. and there is no reason why I should be complaining! Therefore, I am going to post something I am grateful for everyday during my 30 days. Okay? Okay!

Here's to losing weight and being grateful!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"There is no such thing as gratitude unexpressed. If it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude." ~Robert Brault

"If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get." ~Frank A. Clark

Don said...

on said that, not Jeff! Sorry, I was signed into the wrong account.

t.t.turner said...

Jillian Michael's tapes are lethal. Seriously, I get so stiff!

Sari said...

You can do it!