Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cleaning thoughts

This post comes to you from the thoughts of a mom who just cleaned her boys' bathroom...

Before the age of adulthood, I had ideas of how life should be with a family. One such example is a double oven. I thought "What do you need a double oven for? How vain!" I have since then cooked holiday dinners for 20+ people, cooked for dinner parties, and I even find myself wishing I had a double oven when I am just cooking rolls with dinner. I am now buying a new house without a double oven, but silently wishing it had one (I can't complain about my new house...).

As I wiped the boys' bathroom counter I found myself having to move FIVE tubes of toothpaste. Where did 5 tubes of toothpaste come from? One of my ideas on life was that your kids only need ONE tube of toothpaste. I had to pause and figure out how all that toothpaste got there. Here is what I found. Luke has different toothpaste from the younger kids because he is old enough to use fluoride. Courtney and Jacob were sharing Little Bear toothpaste until Courtney accompanied Daddy to Wal-Mart and they came back with My Little Pony toothpaste. So now each child has their own toothpaste (ridiculous, I know). Where did the other 2 tubes of toothpaste come from? Oh, that's right! The boys went to the dentist last week and each received a new toothbrush and tube of Sponge Bob toothpaste (so cool, especially since their mom won't let them watch that show!). So now the boys each have 2 toothbrushes and 2 tubes of toothpaste, while Courtney has her Tinkerbell toothbrush and My Little Pony toothpaste. Mystery solved!

And since I mentioned the boys' bathroom- WHEN WILL THEY STOP PEEING BEHIND THE TOILET???? Seriously, I'm too pregnant to get behind there:)

2 comments:

Judd Family said...

Hilarious, Anna. Totally relate and totally agree. Not sure that any mom has the answer to any of those questions. If you ever figure it out, let me know!

cshel said...

Sounds like my house. Except the pee behind the toilet. LIttle girls can't get there.