
I am quickly making this post during nap time, so things are not organized. Here are a bunch of pictures of our summer. I will explain the best I can. The first round of pics is our family reunion. We rented a HUGE house in Ohio with Bram's family and all hung out. Above is Jacob with a water gun.

No day would be complete without Luke getting mad at some point! I thought of submitting this to a grumpy kid contest.

We went mini golfing- all 40 of us! The little boy on the left is Tyler, their cousin. I love seeing Tyler and Jake together because they are the same size and are so cute! The boys quite enjoyed golfing.

Courtney threw a fit in
Wal-Mart one day because I wouldn't get her sunglasses (very
un-Courtney like). I gave in a week later and bought her these. Now she is all grown up like her brothers!

Courtney and Daddy sitting on the deck watching all the kids play in the pool.

HAPPY Luke filling up the pool (I think he eventually used the hose as a weapon and got kids wet).

The back view of the house.

We went on a family canoe trip (minus Courtney). There is a river behind the house with access to the water. The water was GROSS! I miss Oregon water...

We
caravaned to Palmyra, Niagara Falls, and
Kirtland before the family reunion started (pics to follow). This is the
Kirtland Temple. The Community of Christ (the re-organized
LDS church) owns the building and does tours. It was okay, nothing amazing. They don't know what the letters on the pulpits mean (we do!). They also didn't allow cameras inside.

Niagara Falls has a boat that takes you right up to the falls. Jacob was my riding buddy and we had a great time! We got so wet!! We truly EXPERIENCED Niagara Falls.

A picture from the boat.

Courtney chased
squirrel up the tree. She is
waiting for it to come back down.

Family photo on the Maid of the Mist (yes, we kept the ponchos for some dumb reason)

The Palmyra Temple! WE got to see my grandparents in Palmyra, as they are on a mission here. They work in the temple everyday. They told us some great stories. I LOVE THEM!!!

A view from the Hill
Cumorah.

The Peter
Whitmer Farm.

The Sacred Grove.

"I saw a pillar of light..." This was taken in the Sacred Grove.

Bram and I participated in a pioneer trek for the youth in our stake. We were a Ma and Pa for 11 kids and had an awesome time. It was a great testimony building experience and we hope to go again some day.

So that's it for now. Luke is now 5, Jacob is 3 1/2, Courtney is 21 months, and Bram and I are adults:) Life is still good. Life is still crazy. We are still working on our happy home.
6 comments:
Great pictures! Loved the one of Luke--he could be a teenager with that look.
Welcome back! Looks like you had a great time with the Church History 'tour'.
I love the pictures, miss ya!!
Wow that sounds like an awesome mission! I miss all those church sights. We lived soo close and now we are so far:( That huge house looks like it was so much fun! Again, so sad we didn't still live there, you were so close! Your kids are growing up so much, we miss you!
Love the pillar of light picture!
GREAT pictures, Anna! It was a great trip!! I hope we will get to see you sooner than later. Tyler loved Luke.
Post a Comment