Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Update

Luke and I finally got around to scrubbing the wall yesterday. He wore a yellow rubber glove and we used the magic eraser. I am familiar with these, as I have been using them for 6 years now. I didn't think the magic eraser would work on permanent marker because, well, I tried it the last time the boys colored on the wall with permanent marker and it didn't come off (ya, this wasn't the first time!). I thought for sure that the highlighter would come off...

The exact opposite happened! The permanent marker came completely off of the wall. The pink highlighter came mostly off of the wall, but you can still see faint lines ( I am sure that if I were to go through a couple more erasers scrubbing the wall that it would come off). Here is what I think happened. The permanent marker was old and the highlighter was new. I guess that when "permanent" ink gets old that it isn't so permanent anymore. Lucky me!!

For those who are interested, I purchased my carpet cleaner from ChemDry. It's like $12 a can but it is well worth it. I am almost out and will be calling them for a new bottle when this one is done. Heaven knows I will need it!

There is now a child lock on the office door, where all the pens and markers are kept.

Side note: I babysat 3 extra kids today for 6 1/2 hours. That means that I had SIX children ages 4 and under in my house for most of the day. There were no fights, no tears, and no huge messes (just a lot of bums to wipe, yuck). My house is all picked up and I am still sane. I rock!

3 comments:

Erin The Great said...

Man! And here I was complaining that I had to go through my RSS Reader. Don't worry Anna! I'll get married soon and join you in the baby breeding machine department :)

*sigh* one day.

Garrett said...

You do rock! I hope you were getting paid or something. Hey sorry I haven't called you back. I know I am the biggest slacker of all time. I have a good excuse though:)

Garrett said...

this is actually Rachel, sorry