Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend trip

This weekend we headed off to another old city. We saw a big cathedral, walked along an old city wall, took an underground ride that showed us some artifacts and skeletons from the 900's (forgot the camera on that one), drove around lost, chased the kids, and IT DIDN'T RAIN!!! I know, shocking! Oh, and no one barfed in the car. I was very grateful for that one!
This is a monument for Constantine who was proclaimed Emperor from around this spot in 306AD.

The boys running along the city wall. Luke is looking back to make sure Jacob is not going to get ahead of him. Poor Jacob. Being a younger brother is hard.
The Cathedral. Sorry I didn't get a picture of the whole thing. The boys were running off and I had to go chase them!
Courtney had her first cupcake yesterday. She took a few bites and then crumbled the rest of the cake.

Tomorrow we are going to the beach (I love holidays when Bram doesn't have to work). It is going to be cold, but we have been told that this beach is a "must see" so we are heading off. You can now look forward to pictures on Wednesday. Hopefully Jacob won't fall in the sea this time!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That picture of the cathedral was beautiful! Looks like a fun trip and great weather! Hope you end up taking your trip tomorrow:)

Tara said...

Gorgeous cathedral! Wow!!!

Erin The Great said...

Gorgeous Pictures as always... I should post pictures of the scenery here... Looking around Texas is more of a 'feel' rather then scenery. They're cool like that ;)

Holly said...

I'm jealous. It looks like good times all the time, except without mcuh sun.