Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Messy Day

The kids ganged up on me and made messes. The boys and I made chocolate cupcakes together. Afterward they got to lick the bowl, spoons, and SHARE a finished cupcake with me. They each wanted their own...ya right. Their faces and the table were covered in chocolate before they were finished. Yummy!
The smallest person in the house made the biggest mess of the day. She managed to find a bowl of oatmeal, a gift bag, and some tissue. The oatmeal got all over her clothes (one of my favorite outfits) and the CARPETED floor. That wasn't easy to get out. In fact, I think some of it is still there. She shredded the tissue and ate some of it, and looked adorable when I found her. The clothes go in the washer, baby in the bath, and clean the floor.

Do you ever feel like you can't keep up with your kid's messes?? I live in a small house, I have a housekeeper who cleans my bathroom and changes the linens, I am home all day, and I still can't keep the house clean. I feel like I am doing damage control most of the day. Yesterday I was going to vacuum the kitchen (you heard it, I said vacuum. Stupid carpet!), but first I had to clean up pretzels from the entryway because Luke found a bag of them when he was angry and dumped them out and smashed them. Last week when I was doing a few minutes of cleaning, the boys found every diaper in the house and made a nice pile at the bottom of the stairs. It seems that if I want to do the dishes, that the boys decide to have a WWF competition. You get the picture. Three small kids at home equals mess. I had a friend once ask me what happens to your house when you have two or more kids (she had one timid little girl). I told her that your cleaning standards go down and your kitchen floor will be dirty most of the time. She didn't like that answer. Maybe my problem isn't the fact that I have too many children, but that they are very active children. Good thing they are cute!

I am going to go clean now.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

I can so relate and I only have one kid! He's always dumping stuff and climbing on counters and getting into things he shouldn't. The only time I can get the house clean is when he's asleep, but by then I'm usually kinda tired out from chasing him. I'm glad I'm not the only one with a messy house!

Rachel said...

Okay first of all, I was just complaining to my husband about how nasty our house is right now and how I feel like it is never clean! That is so funny. It is especially stressful for me because I have always been a neat freak, but like you said that just has to go out the window when you have more than one kid. And also, that is the cutest outfit that Courtney is wearing!!