Thursday, October 16, 2008

La Tour Eiffel

The Eiffel Tower is one of the most recognizable pieces of architecture in the world. It was surreal to see it in person. On our first day we went on a boat tour that started at the foot of the Eiffel Tower. Paris was so beautiful as we floated down the Seine River in the evening. The Eiffel Tower was even more beautiful at night when the blue lights were on it and then when the lights "twlinkled." It was breathtaking! It was what I came to Paris to experience. I had my husband, by baby girl, and wonderful sights around me. My dream finally came true!


From the boat.


From the boat.


Paris at sunset. Amazing isn't it? I am standing on Pont Alexander III, the most decorated bridge in Paris.


The Eiffel Tower at night. I had to lay on the ground to get this shot. I thought it was fun:)


This was taken from the very top of the Eiffel Tower. It was a clear sunny morning when we went to the top and could see all of Paris. The lines to get to the top weren't fun, but it was worth it. I can now say that I have been to the top of the Eiffel Tower!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhhhh, I can almost smell the pink air. I can't wait to see the zillions of other pictures.That last one made me dizzy just sitting at my computer! And who wouldn't give you express service with such a cute kidlet? Give her a smooch her for us ;-)

Rachel said...

YOu look sooo happy in these pics. I am so glad you got to go. I hope you made it to the Orsay museum. That is my fave!

Neesha said...

Banana!!! I didn't know you had a blog. I was blog browsing and I came across yours... The pics are great, it looks like you're having a FABULOUS time.

Kim Milius said...

Love, love, LOVE it! Brings back memories from my trip to Paris over 10 years ago.