
As I mentioned, Luke and Jacob are sharing costumes this year. Last night they swapped and Jacob became the cutest little pirate and Luke was "Luke Frankenstein"! Getting to our ward Halloween party was a nightmare in itself. Luke and Jacob were bouncing off the walls (as you can see from the video) and Courtney was fussy because it was bed time (WHY do they start everything at 7pm??) We finally get into the car with many tears and were off. We are literally 2 blocks from the church when Jacob declares that he doesn't feel well and would like his window opened. I had two trays of cupcakes on my lap and couldn't get a Ziploc bag to him soon enough. I'll spare you the details here, but his costume was ruined and Bram spent the first part of the party cleaning the car. My kids suffer from motion sickness, but come on! We drive to the church every week and they have never gotten sick- it is a 10 minute drive! Jacob recovered quickly and spent the rest of the evening munching on carrots with Daddy. Luke ran around with his best friend, Isaac (they even held hands during the costume parade, lol!) and Courtney clung to me whenever someone looked at her. Poor things was so tired. Jacob went "trunk or treating" wearing my coat and the boys were happy with their bags full of candy. We did laundry and sanatized the car some more when we got home. After and evening like that, we have no desire to go out again tonight. I hope your night was a little less eventful than mine!
Side note: When I was getting Jacob dressed, he picked up the sleeve of his pirate shirt and declared "My costume is pretty!" Funny kid.
2 comments:
That is the worst story. And even before he got to the candy! Your cupcakes sound so yummy though! I don't blame you for not wanting to go out again tonight. My kids have so much candy left over from our ward party that I am tempted to not go out either. I doubt they'll be okay with that. What was Courtney's costume? The boys look so cute!
They look so good!!! You're boys are hilarious!
PS go to my blog and check out what I got my hair to do!!!
Post a Comment