Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Working out and 2009

Meet my personal trainer, Emily. She is blond, tan, buff, and did I mention beautiful? Working out with her is a great ego booster for me, who had a baby 5 months ago (not). I am neither tan, blond, or buff. Bram thinks I am beautiful but he is biased. Before Emily was my personal trainer she was my good friend so I guess I don't mind that she looks better than me!

I go for my "butt kicking" twice a week and I love it! Emily's basement is a weight room, so I don't have to go to a large gym with other beautiful, buff people to watch me struggle as I lift small weights. I am seeing improvements in my body shape, but the scale hadn't caught on to my new exercise routine. I have dropped a pant size in a month, but not a pound. Of course I now have muscles on my body, where before there was just baby fat. For the first time in my life there is a bi-cep muscle that pops up a bit when I flex (really cool!!). I am looking forward to 2009 when I will be neither pregnant nor nursing a baby and can workout as much as I want! (side note: In the 5 years that I have been married, there is a total of 9 months when I was neither pregnant nor nursing.)

Here is to 2009! There will be a shopping spree, "girl nights", schooling, picking up my trombone again, and being in shape. I can't wait!!

3 comments:

Erin The Great said...

No No. I took absolutely no offense to your comment. I thought yours was funny. My response was to the other girl who went psycho on my comment page. Keep writing, i love hearing from you. Good Luck with your personal trainer

Erin The Great said...

PS Sorry about the comment left by my friend Nate aka Bags. My friends are very loyal and don't like it when they feel like I'm being attacked, even when I'm not. Sometimes they go over board.

Bethany said...

Good for you! Any suggestions? I'm headed for similar goals. Who cares about the pounds if I can loose the baby fat?