Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Our house

A friend of mine bought a house with an open floor plan like mine and requested pictures. I decided to share them with you. I did not clean up before taking the pictures so this is what you get! This first picture is looking straight ahead after walking in the front door.

Look to the right of the foyer. This is obviously the dining room. I am making a feature on that far wall- hence the blue rectangle (now you can all wait in anticipation until it is finished!)

Looking to the left. There will eventually be 2 leather chairs and an accent table where the Christmas tree is.
Standing in the great room looking at the entrance (I painted those walls blue yesterday and I LOVE it!) Do you like my pillar that "separates" the different rooms?
A closer look at the great room. Those chair by the fire place are not staying there. I am saving up for awesome La-z-boy chairs with crazy polka dot fabric. The leather recliner will go in the study, where the Christmas tree is with one to match. Also, the walls will be painted the same blue-green sometime this week (hopefully).
Amy, I don't know what kind of furniture you have. If you let me know what pieces you have, I could help you arrange them.

The kitchen and "breakfast nook".

A closer look at the kitchen. We LOVE our kitchen, especially the bar. We eat all our meals here.

Amy- I just posted the main rooms on the first floor. Do you need anything else?

5 comments:

t.t.turner said...

Love. and covet.

Sarah said...

It all looks beautiful. I love the colors you choose and I expecially like the rug in the formal dining room.

Adam and Hilary said...

love yr kitchen!

Heather said...

I love your house! Beautiful!! Miss you guys!!

Rachel said...

Oh Anna, your house is beautiful. I'm so happy for you! I can just picture you cooking in that kitchen while singing Carrie Underwood:) How happy for you to be able to paint to your hearts content!